Material things are essential in everyday life. It is impossible to do without some. Besides our age and economic status, everyone has material needs that earn us self fulfillment and respect.
Meaning Of Material Things
Materialistic things are physical possessions needed in everyday life. Some of these things are so important that it is impossible to do without them. Also, some possessions are a result of personal preference and economic status.
Classification Of Materialistic Possessions
Property is in two forms based on their level of relevance in everyday life. They are:
These are basic amenities needed in everyday life. They serve as a means of survival for every man irrespective of age, gender, economic class, and religion.
Examples of essential material things are clothes, shoes, house. Clothes are necessary as the human body needs covering from nakedness and harsh weather conditions. So we know that everyone needs clothes. Also, shoes are essential to protect the feet against rough floors, dirt, cold, and heated floors.
As the name suggests, these are possessions that are not essential. Instead, they are mostly extravagant, that not everyone can afford. The owners can do without such possessions if they choose to, unlike the basic material things. But the ownership of these things shows how abundant, classy, and notable a person is.
Examples of material things are cars, jets, houses, TV, furniture, swimming pools, etc. Luxury material things give a sense of fulfillment to owners. And it keeps them in touch with influential people in society. They also improve every day living and help to rank people in the community.
Ways To Acquire Material Wealth Aside Inheritance And Gifts
- Through Saving: If you do not have money to get what you desire immediately, save up for that material thing that you like to buy. Give yourself a time frame that you will want to get it. Plan your saving to meet up with the time.
- Through Cash Purchase: If you have the money to buy things without having to wait, buy it immediately so that you will not spend the money on something else.
- Credit Purchase: Some sellers sell to buyers that cannot make instant payment. In such cases, payment is made on an agreed date by both parties. So look for one that is willing to sell to you.
- Promos: Some companies run sales promotions that allow their customers to win gift items such as cars, houses, household items, etc. So many people often compete in such promos to win something.
- By Merit: Some companies give their employees material gifts for their hard work.
Set goals to meet the requirements for winning such gifts. Acquiring material things is not enough. You’ll also need to learn how to maintain such assets carefully.
How To Maintain Material Wealth?
- Cleaning and Repairs: Keep your possessions tidy. Repair them. For some, hire professional hands to do a routine check on them.
- Keep Them Safe: Do not keep your properties carelessly. Portable things are prone to theft. Keep them from the reach of thieves.
- Get insurance: Accidents are bound to happen. Insurance helps faster replacement when things go wrong.